The Foundation Year is open to those who are interested in more deeply knowing themselves and the world through creative arts and Anthroposophy. Sound Circle began its eighth Foundation Year in September, 2012. The next round will begin in September of 2014.
The Foundation Year includes:
- An introduction to the life and work of Rudolf Steiner
- Artistic work (eurythmy, singing and music, visual arts, form drawing, clay modeling, movement, speech, storytelling and creative writing)
- An introduction to basic principles of Anthroposophy
- Study of basic texts of Anthroposophy
- Inner work/meditation
- Journaling as a way to reflect on one's experience in the Foundation Year
- Community and Communication: Group Work (biography, social group processes, games etc.)
- An introduction to child development and Waldorf early childhood and elementary education
- Nature observation, the sacred year and festivals
- Classroom observations
- Introduction to Biodynamic Agriculture
Please note: For those taking Foundation Year as a prerequisite for Teacher Training, it is required that you volunteer in a classroom on a regular basis Jan-May. This gives valuable experience that will help tremendously in your training.